cafeb2bsales message boards  


Go Back   cafeb2bsales message boards > Computer/Software Reps > Electronic Medical Records Reps - General Discussion

sponsored by:



Reply
 
Thread Tools Rating: Thread Rating: 1 votes, 5.00 average. Display Modes
  #1  
Old 11-09-2008, 08:56 PM
EMRrep EMRrep is offline
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Nov 2008
Posts: 4
Default Let our colleagues know...

About this place. With the economy as it is and the interest in EMR, this could be an interesting place.
Reply With Quote
  #2  
Old 11-10-2008, 09:41 AM
Anonymous
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Default Re: Let our colleagues know...

How much competition and how hard is the sell in your job? I am in doc's offices all the time who are going through the transition into EMR (they are always stressed out at that time). Seems like business is booming for you right now.
Reply With Quote
  #3  
Old 11-10-2008, 05:52 PM
EMRrep EMRrep is offline
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Nov 2008
Posts: 4
Default Re: Let our colleagues know...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Anonymous View Post
How much competition and how hard is the sell in your job? I am in doc's offices all the time who are going through the transition into EMR (they are always stressed out at that time). Seems like business is booming for you right now.
Business is booming and will continue to do so. The push is to go paperless. The government is pushing for it to streamline and reduce risk. Obama and most of the other candidates talked about it during the campaign. It's a good time to be in this space.
Reply With Quote
  #4  
Old 11-10-2008, 09:16 PM
Anonymous
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Default Re: Let our colleagues know...

Are you straight commission or is there a salary? Car allowance? When I worked straight commission I had no car allowance and was on a draw in another b2b job.
Reply With Quote
  #5  
Old 11-10-2008, 09:39 PM
EMRrep EMRrep is offline
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Nov 2008
Posts: 4
Default Re: Let our colleagues know...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Anonymous View Post
Are you straight commission or is there a salary? Car allowance? When I worked straight commission I had no car allowance and was on a draw in another b2b job.

I get salary plus commission, no car or car allowance. I travel some, but not a lot. No draw needed...........
Reply With Quote
  #6  
Old 11-12-2008, 08:59 PM
Anonymous
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Default Re: Let our colleagues know...

Very excited to see this board for EMR sales. I have A LOT of clients in my current position involved with EMRs in one form or another. EMRRep, who are some of the largest EMR companies out there? I know there are a lot and I was looking for a list like this.
Reply With Quote
  #7  
Old 11-25-2008, 11:14 PM
Anonymous
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Default Re: Let our colleagues know...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Anonymous View Post
How much competition and how hard is the sell in your job? I am in doc's offices all the time who are going through the transition into EMR (they are always stressed out at that time). Seems like business is booming for you right now.
EMR competition certainly varies amongst different markets. Some markets are saturated, while others are not. Many hospital networks have quickly adapted to EMRs while smaller private practicing physicians are slowly changing. This sale requires much cold-calling and persistence. This is unlike other B2B where you might have a product that many businesses can use (i.e. copiers, HR solutions, computers). EMR software is only for medical practices and can be unique to certain specialties (depending on the software). I would urge anyone considering this type of sale to research the market to be considered, research the industry (estimates suggest over 400 competing EMR companies), and have a self-motivating drive. Sometimes this sale can move quickly, and other times it can be slow and methodical. Lastly, you must have patience and empathy! Many times you will explain technical details to people who barely understand or have basic computer skills. As you take these pearls and with your own God-given personality you can certainly succeed in this business. I wish you the best if this is the path your life takes you. Good selling!
Reply With Quote
  #8  
Old 11-29-2008, 01:18 PM
Anonymous
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Default Re: Let our colleagues know...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Anonymous View Post
EMR competition certainly varies amongst different markets. Some markets are saturated, while others are not. Many hospital networks have quickly adapted to EMRs while smaller private practicing physicians are slowly changing. This sale requires much cold-calling and persistence. This is unlike other B2B where you might have a product that many businesses can use (i.e. copiers, HR solutions, computers). EMR software is only for medical practices and can be unique to certain specialties (depending on the software). I would urge anyone considering this type of sale to research the market to be considered, research the industry (estimates suggest over 400 competing EMR companies), and have a self-motivating drive. Sometimes this sale can move quickly, and other times it can be slow and methodical. Lastly, you must have patience and empathy! Many times you will explain technical details to people who barely understand or have basic computer skills. As you take these pearls and with your own God-given personality you can certainly succeed in this business. I wish you the best if this is the path your life takes you. Good selling!
Solid information, thanks for sharing.m As I mentioned in a post above, many of my current clients in the healthcare industry either work with EMRs or actually make EMRs. Since you said estimates are near 400, can you share your knowledge about who some of the more prominent companies are? Or better yet, is there another site tht this type of information can be found on? Thanks again!
Reply With Quote
  #9  
Old 12-10-2008, 03:14 AM
Anonymous
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Default Re: Let our colleagues know...

Different person here. GE Healthcare has an EMR package - lots of small players too - here's a link for more info: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Electronic_Medical_Records



Quote:
Originally Posted by Anonymous View Post
Solid information, thanks for sharing.m As I mentioned in a post above, many of my current clients in the healthcare industry either work with EMRs or actually make EMRs. Since you said estimates are near 400, can you share your knowledge about who some of the more prominent companies are? Or better yet, is there another site tht this type of information can be found on? Thanks again!
Reply With Quote
  #10  
Old 12-11-2008, 01:08 PM
Anonymous
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Default Re: Let our colleagues know...

might anyone have any recruiting contacts in this field? (IT sales background, custom software, etc.) interviewing with synthes and biomet but passion lies in tech.
Reply With Quote
Reply

Bookmarks

Thread Tools
Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread:

Posting Rules
You may post new threads
You may post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is Off
HTML code is Off
Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 08:11 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.7.4
Copyright ©2000 - 2018, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.