cafeb2bsales message boards  

Go Back   cafeb2bsales message boards > Computer/Software Reps > Electronic Medical Records Reps - General Discussion

sponsored by:

Thread Tools Rating: Thread Rating: 1 votes, 5.00 average. Display Modes
Old 11-09-2008, 08:56 PM

Default Let our colleagues know...

About this place. With the economy as it is and the interest in EMR, this could be an interesting place.
Old 11-10-2008, 09:41 AM
Anonymous

Default Re: Let our colleagues know...

How much competition and how hard is the sell in your job? I am in doc's offices all the time who are going through the transition into EMR (they are always stressed out at that time). Seems like business is booming for you right now.
Old 11-10-2008, 05:52 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Anonymous View Post
How much competition and how hard is the sell in your job? I am in doc's offices all the time who are going through the transition into EMR (they are always stressed out at that time). Seems like business is booming for you right now.
Business is booming and will continue to do so. The push is to go paperless. The government is pushing for it to streamline and reduce risk. Obama and most of the other candidates talked about it during the campaign. It's a good time to be in this space.
Old 11-10-2008, 09:16 PM
Anonymous

Are you straight commission or is there a salary? Car allowance? When I worked straight commission I had no car allowance and was on a draw in another b2b job.
Old 11-10-2008, 09:39 PM

Quote:
Are you straight commission or is there a salary? Car allowance? When I worked straight commission I had no car allowance and was on a draw in another b2b job.

I get salary plus commission, no car or car allowance. I travel some, but not a lot. No draw needed...........
Old 11-12-2008, 08:59 PM
Anonymous

Very excited to see this board for EMR sales. I have A LOT of clients in my current position involved with EMRs in one form or another. EMRRep, who are some of the largest EMR companies out there? I know there are a lot and I was looking for a list like this.
Old 11-25-2008, 11:14 PM
Anonymous

Quote:
EMR competition certainly varies amongst different markets. Some markets are saturated, while others are not. Many hospital networks have quickly adapted to EMRs while smaller private practicing physicians are slowly changing. This sale requires much cold-calling and persistence. This is unlike other B2B where you might have a product that many businesses can use (i.e. copiers, HR solutions, computers). EMR software is only for medical practices and can be unique to certain specialties (depending on the software). I would urge anyone considering this type of sale to research the market to be considered, research the industry (estimates suggest over 400 competing EMR companies), and have a self-motivating drive. Sometimes this sale can move quickly, and other times it can be slow and methodical. Lastly, you must have patience and empathy! Many times you will explain technical details to people who barely understand or have basic computer skills. As you take these pearls and with your own God-given personality you can certainly succeed in this business. I wish you the best if this is the path your life takes you. Good selling!
Old 11-29-2008, 01:18 PM
Anonymous

Quote:
EMR competition certainly varies amongst different markets. Some markets are saturated, while others are not. Many hospital networks have quickly adapted to EMRs while smaller private practicing physicians are slowly changing. This sale requires much cold-calling and persistence. This is unlike other B2B where you might have a product that many businesses can use (i.e. copiers, HR solutions, computers). EMR software is only for medical practices and can be unique to certain specialties (depending on the software). I would urge anyone considering this type of sale to research the market to be considered, research the industry (estimates suggest over 400 competing EMR companies), and have a self-motivating drive. Sometimes this sale can move quickly, and other times it can be slow and methodical. Lastly, you must have patience and empathy! Many times you will explain technical details to people who barely understand or have basic computer skills. As you take these pearls and with your own God-given personality you can certainly succeed in this business. I wish you the best if this is the path your life takes you. Good selling!
Solid information, thanks for sharing.m As I mentioned in a post above, many of my current clients in the healthcare industry either work with EMRs or actually make EMRs. Since you said estimates are near 400, can you share your knowledge about who some of the more prominent companies are? Or better yet, is there another site tht this type of information can be found on? Thanks again!
Old 12-10-2008, 03:14 AM
Anonymous

Different person here. GE Healthcare has an EMR package - lots of small players too - here's a link for more info: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Electronic_Medical_Records

Quote:
Solid information, thanks for sharing.m As I mentioned in a post above, many of my current clients in the healthcare industry either work with EMRs or actually make EMRs. Since you said estimates are near 400, can you share your knowledge about who some of the more prominent companies are? Or better yet, is there another site tht this type of information can be found on? Thanks again!
Old 12-11-2008, 01:08 PM
Anonymous

might anyone have any recruiting contacts in this field? (IT sales background, custom software, etc.) interviewing with synthes and biomet but passion lies in tech.